Yield: 6 Servings
2 Sheets store-bought puff pastry
2 cups strawberry jam
1 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
2 T milk
1 T of Orange Juice
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the egg with a little water and set aside.
3. Roll out each sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Use a knife or pizza cutter to make 6 squares or each puff pastry sheet.
4. Place 6 squares down and scoop a hardy tablespoon of jam in the center of each square.
5. Brush the egg wash around the edges of each pastry. Top each pastry with the remaining rectangles and then using a fork to press the dough all around the edges to seal.
6. Cut a small vent into the center of each pastry and then brush the egg wash all over. Bake until the pastries are golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
7. In a small bowl, whisk the confectioners' sugar with milk, orange juice, and vanilla extract.
8. Drizzle the icing over pastries.
Quick notes: You can use any jam you love so these can easily be apple strudels or apricot. You can freeze these, just be sure to wrap them individually unfrosted.
Happy Planning :),